Monday, March 19, 2012

Diane von Furstenberg Linda wrap dress

Diane von Furstenberg has a few styles that come back season after season.  In a prior post I talked about Julian and Jeanne, which are a year round silk jersey.  Linda is a sweater wrap dress!

Cut
Linda is a true wrap style dress with a self fabric belt.  The neck is collarless.  The sleeves are long.  The skirt is not quite pencil, not quite A-Line.

Fabric
DvF usually releases Linda in heavier weight fabrics.  I have

  • Cotton Club (100% Cashmere)
  • Spotted Cat Neutral (80% cotton, 20% silk)
  • Forest (100% wool)
  • Large Cat (100% wool)
The fabric patterns are printed on the outside.  Linda is very cozy and warm, like wearing a blanket, or a classy Snuggie.  I can wear my Julian's and Jeanne's year round, but Linda is a winter and cool weather dress. 

Sizing
Linda comes in P (XS), S, M, L.  Because of the weave, I find the Linda runs a bit bigger than usual.  I usually wear an 8 in DvF, but my Linda's are small.


No comments:

Post a Comment