Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Frustrated by hemming issues on Diane von Furstenberg

I have a pile  of Diane von Furstenberg dresses I'm not wearing due to the hems ripping out.

Do I love them? Yes.
Are they flattering? Yes.

So why aren't I wearing them? In all four, the hems ripped out, leaving a ragged edge. All are non-wrap dresses, and I think the thread used is not as strong. One Carpeena hem started unravelling after my first wear! Others, it's not only the actual hem (bottom of skirt), but the hem of the sleeves, too.

In my hemming pile...

Diane von Furstenberg Carpeena Marigold
Diane von Furstenberg Ingrid Winged Pink  (both skirt and sleeves need re-hemming)
Diane von Furstenberg Imana Sundial




Polly Dee Canyon Red (no pic)

The Polly Dee is a 5+ year old EBay find, so it's hemming issue is forgiveable. The Carpeena and Ingrid I bought brand new, so I'm bummed that they only lasted 1-3 wears before unraveling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment